My name is Todd Wyett, and I love Charlevoix because:
- Our sunsets are indelible.
- Our deep-water harbor is pristine.
- When you walk into a restaurant, you actually know half the people eating there.
- We have public access beaches and marinas everywhere.
- When you cast your line into the waters of our channel, it’s not if you will catch a fish, but what kind of fish will you catch.
- We actually think that there is traffic in the summer in our two-stop light town.
- Our downtown park has received numerous awards:
|America's Second Best Lake
USA TODAY - 2012|
Travel writer Laura Bly says...
"Tahoe came out on top in our recent reader poll of America's best lake... but as its many fans made clear, the second-place finisher has plenty to offer, as well. Though I grew up in southern Wisconsin on the shores of Lake Mendota (a sentimental favorite, but not on our shortlist), I wasn't familiar with runner up Lake Charlevoix, Michigan... now, I'm 'smitten with the mitten' (a reference to Michigan's hand-shaped geography)."
Read more of the USA TODAY story on Lake Charlevoix's selection by clicking HERE.
50 Best Yachting Towns in the World Yachting Magazine - 2011
To view a slideshow of communities recognized as the "50 Best Yachting Towns in the World", click HERE.
To view the Yachting Magazine story on this tremendous honor, click HERE.
One of America's Prettiest Towns Forbes magazine - 2011
"'Charlevoix has just the most picturesque, beautiful downtown you can imagine,' says Kendra Williams, travel editor of Midwest Living. There's a popular inland lake, which in summer is chock full of vacationers--those who aren't at the summer Venetian festival and accompanying art fair. Located on an isthmus between Lake Michigan and Round Lake, Charlevoix's beauty is highlighted by the flower beds that pop up everywhere, and by the lighthouses that dot the lakeside landscape."
Check out Forbes' listing of Charlevoix as one of America's prettiest towns by clicking HERE.